Maricopa County Bar Foundation
If you would like to donate to the foundation, please call 602.257.4200
The Mission of the Maricopa County Bar Foundation is to support the justice-related public service and educational activities of the Maricopa County Bar Association and other organizations, and to support local pro bono legal service providers that serve low-income residents of Maricopa County.
- Bobby Kethcart, President, Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
- Joel Hoffman, Vice President, Warner Angle Hallam Jackson & Formanek PLC
- Kathy Bunch, Secretary, Jackson Lewis P.C.
Board of Trustees:
- Bobby Kethcart, Chair, Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
- Joel Hoffman, Vice Chair, Warner Angle Hallam Jackson & Formanek PLC
- Anthony Austin, Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Kathy Bunch, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Gary Case, Case Huff & Associates, Inc.
- Donna Gandre, BMO Private Bank
- Bradley Glass, Gallagher & Kennedy
- Paul McIlroy, Altep, Inc.
- Kevin Walsh, Quarles & Brady LLP
- George Winney, Gammage & Burnham PLC
Causes We Support
Probate Legal Assistance Program (P.L.A.P.) offers free legal advice to families of limited means who, after the death of a loved one, are left facing the challenges of probate. Started in 2011, this free legal service clinic has helped over 200 families navigate the probate process.
The Volunteer Lawyers Program (VLP) in Maricopa County is a joint project of Community Legal Services and the Maricopa County Bar Association. Volunteers represent clients with problems related to housing, employment, consumer issues, debt collection, bankruptcy, tax, tort defense, and family law/domestic violence; provide advice to individuals and families seeking counsel about debt management or defense; where relief from wage garnishment is needed, recommend or help provide representation in no asset bankruptcy petitions; additional services also available.
Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Veteran Legal Clinics. The clinics occur around the State and offer one-on-one legal advice on civil matters and simple will and Powers of Attorney preparation for veterans.
Other Ways We Help
The Foundation also offers Justice Michael D. Ryan Scholarships to law students at the ASU Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, the U of A James E. Rogers College of Law, and the Arizona Summit Law School. As part of its mission, the Foundation strives to aid law school students from diverse backgrounds with the student loan debt associated with obtaining a law degree. The Justice Michael D. Ryan Scholarships are designed to help students afford their dream of service to the community through law.
2017 Hon. Michael D. Ryan Diversity Scholarship Application - INFORMATION COMING SOON!